The October 2014 meeting of theÂ St. Louis Product Management GroupÂ was held on Wednesday, October 1, 2014:
How to Protect my Intellectual Property? An Introduction for Product Managers and Entrepreneurs
Meeting are open to everyoneÂ â€” there isÂ no chargeÂ to attend.Â This meeting was held at the Helix Center Biotech Incubator in Creve Coeur — see directions and details below. RSVPs were kindly requested (though not required) on our LinkedIn page
This event is presented in conjunction with the Veterans Business Resource Centerâ€‹ — celebrating 10 years of serving military members in small business development.
About the meeting: For product managers in large companies as well as startups, intellectual property is an asset and competitive differentiator. However, many product managers and entrepreneurs are unfamiliar with the basics of the patent system, including when it makes sense to file for (or not) to file for a patent and different ways to apply for patents. There are also concepts that need to be understood related to trademarks for items such as product naming and branding. This presentation will provide an overview of patents and trademarks, and provide tips and ideas to those considering filing for a patent or trademark.
About the Presenters:
- Linda Lewis practices in all areas of IP law with a focus on entrepreneurs and startups. Her background is in chemical, biochemical and mechanical devices, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, automotive parts, aerospace parts and fishing lures. A special accomplishment is the patenting of an award-winning robotic hand. Her clients appreciate her personal involvement in the development of their innovations. www.LindaLewisPatentAttorney.com
- Dennis Donahue is an experienced, highly effective intellectual property attorney, manager, and business advisor, practicing in all areas of IP law, both in a corporate law department and law firms. Dennis works closely with his clients to help them prioritize their intellectual property (IP) needs while reducing their IP risks. He counsels clients on business strategies in the protection and enforcement of all IP matters. www.CreatiVentureLaw.com
About the event
Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014
- 5:30pm: Informal networking and refreshments
- 6:00pm: Introductions, announcements
- 6:15pm: Meeting begins
- 7:15pm: Meeting adjourns, stay for networking/discussion
Helix Center Biotech Incubator
1100 Corporate Square, Creve Coeur, MO 63132