Meeting: November 11, 2009
The November 2009 meeting of the St. Louis Product Management Group was held on November 11, 2009. Meeting are open to everyone â€” there isÂ no charge to attend, though for this meeting, RSVPs are requested (email [email protected] to RSVP)
- Topic: Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) — Design for Six Sigma is a collection of powerful tools assembled to bring the advantages of â€œLeanâ€ thinking to the product development process.Â This presentation will provide a brief overview of these tools and provide some examples of DFSS successes. Download slides (3.6MB PDF)
- About the presenter: Jerry Fix is a product management and strategic marketing professional with over 15 years of experience in bringing products to market.Â He was most recently the Global Product Manager for Specialty Power and Lighting Products at Energizer in St. Louis.Â Prior to Energizer he has held senior product management and marketing positions at Cooper Bussmann, Ameriwood Industries, Fellowes Manufacturing and Hewlett Packard.Â He started his career as an Electrical Engineer at McDonnell Douglas.Â Jerry has BSEE degree from Michigan Tech University and an MBA from Saint Louis University.Â He is a licensed Professional Engineer in Missouri, and a Professional Certified Marketer (American Marketing Association).Â Jerry lives in St. Louis with his wife and son.
Hereâ€™s the details:
- 6:00pm: Arrivals, informal networking
- 6:30pm: Meeting begins
- 8:00pm-ish: Meeting adjourns
- Location: [note different location for this meeting] The Sevens Building, 7777 Bonhomme Ave., Suite 2222, Clayton 63105
- Attendees can park in the building for free, since the parking company does not collect parking fees past 6:30 PM and leaves the gates up.
- Anyone arriving past 6 PM will need to enter the garage through the drive-in entry and walk in the adjacent front door of the building, as the inside garage entry is locked at 6PM. They will return to their cars at the same time.
- Thanks to BizManualz for providing the facilities for this meeting!