Please join us for the August 2018 meeting of the St. Louis Product Management Group, which will feature a panel discussion on Breaking In To Product Management.
This meeting will be held on Thursday, August 2, 2018Â from 7-7:45pmÂ atÂ The Venture Cafe Gathering at CIC
Meetings are open to everyoneÂ â€” there isÂ no chargeÂ to attend.Â See directions and details below.
About the meeting:
In recent years, there has been more recognition of the role of product manager, and more interest from many people in moving in to product management. In parallel, more companies creating positions for product mangers, but often people looking to get their “first” product management job are not sure what it’s like or how to position themselves for the role.
This panel discussion will feature advice from a variety of perspectives — including those who are new to product management, those who’ve had many product management roles, and those who hire product managers — and provide attendees with an opportunity to get insight and guidance and have their questions answered.
About the panel:
- Brendan Sullivan: Director of Product Management, Maritz Motivation Solutions (moderator)
- Jason Burian:Â Vice President of Product Management, KnowledgeLake
- Angela Perdue: Director of Product Management, International Workforce Solutions at Equifax Workforce Solutions
- Michael Daniels: Director of Product Management, Software at Aclara
- Jerry Fix:Â Senior Product Manager, Hussmann Corp. – A Panasonic Company
- Jeff Downing: Product Manager, ScholarRx
- Chad Gray:Â Associate Product Manager, Tropiclean Pet Products
- Lincoln Steffens: Experienced product manager
About the event
This meeting is part of theÂ weekly Venture CafÃ© GatheringÂ at CIC. Every Thursday from 3:00 – 8:00pm, The Venture CafÃ© welcomes the innovation community to “a weekly gathering of innovators and startups. A place for serendipitous collisions to occur. Each week there are roundtable discussions, information tables, office hours with thought leaders, and guest speakers relevant to the ecosystem.”
The St. Louis Product Management Group meeting will be held in the Havana Room (2nd floor) from 7-7:45pm.Â You are encouraged to arrive early to participate in other related events, along with networking and refreshments.Â Check the Venture CafÃ© calendarÂ to see what other events are going on before our meeting.
(See Google Map)
Parking is available in the CIC parking lot, on the street (Duncan Ave), or in the lot on the north side of Duncan Ave across from CIC. The main entrance is closest to the corner of Duncan and Boyle.